Executive Director: Mikayla Leader, Junior majoring in mathematics while completing a teaching certificate
Director of Finance and Partnerships: Kalee Probasco, Junior, majoring in English with Communications Minor
Director of Marketing and Engagement: Ellie Vandewater, Junior, majoring in Computer Science
Friday Night Programming:
Coordinators: Donna Doung, Freshman majoring in Pre-Nursing and Aylar Atadurdyyeva, Junior majoring in Biochemistry, Global and International Studies, and Political Science
This committee plans events at the Studio on Daisy Hill to provide consistent events aimed at engaging the residential community
Meet regularly with related KU Dining staff, seeking to increase knowledge of their services and sales in their space
Coordinator: Breuana Duval, Freshman in Pre-health professions
Assistant Coordinators: Carlie Clary, Sophomore, majoring in social work and Ahmad Ashar, Freshman, Majoring in Mechanical Engineering
Committee’s mission is to activate the buildings owned and operated by the KU Memorial Union Corporation with significant emphasis on the Kansas Union
These events should encourage students to enjoy a daybreak and spend time in the space.
Expected to regularly communicate with KU Dining, KU Bookstore, and Event Services to collaborate as able
Kansas Union Gallery:
Coordinator: Mary Bisbee, Senior majoring in Anthropology and minoring in public policy
Intern: Cody Murray, Senior majoring in Fine Arts with an emphasis in Ceramics
This committee maintains the operations of the Kansas UnionGallery, showcasing a variety of local, regional, and national talent and engaging KU students with the displayed art
Works with the School of Visual Arts in the spring semester to host Senior Solo Shows in order to provide graduating visual arts majors with the unique opportunity to host a solo show
Coordinator: Brendan Falen, Junior majoring in Strategic Communications
The main objective of the Entertainment Committee is to provide a diverse selection of music, comedic, and popular culture related entertainment, ranging from local and regional talent to nationally recognized acts
Recruitment and Retention:
Coordinator: Hayden Walls, Freshman majoring in Human Biology
- Responsible for planning and executing a year-round membership drive through marketing efforts and outreach to campus organizations and departments.
- Responsible for building a strong overall membership with adequate members on all committees.
- Responsible for the communication of member expectations before a new member joins the organization.Responsible for providing adequate training for all members through a new member engagement program and on-going retreats, workshops, and opportunities.
- Has on-going communication of member responsibilities, expectations, and opportunities.
- Coordinates and facilitates outside workshops, training, and conference opportunities.
Co-Coordinators: Kayleen To, Freshman majoring in business Management and Leadership and Finance and Thanh Nguyen, Freshman majoring in Business Analytics
- Working with Director for all areas of event and organization promotion including management of social media accounts, ensuring fliers are produced and distributed as needed, newsletters, and creative promotional activities.
- Liaison with the Kansas Union Marketing Department for cross-promotional opportunities.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in marketing.
Development and Partnerships:
Coordinator: Wes Pittack, Sophomore majoring in Psychology and Business
- Identify opportunities within SUA operations and events for sponsorship
- Maintain an up-to-date database of potential and current donors
- Communicate with potential and current donors to secure additional organization resources
- Mindful attention to diversifying the offerings of SUA by ensuring current partners increase SUA’s ability to provide diverse and inclusionary events throughout the course of the year
- Keep a record of all SUA cosponsorship agreements
- Ensure that committees are aware of all partnerships and cosponsorships
- Maintain an up-to-date database of potential and current partnerships and cosponsorships
Coordinator: Whitney Estes, Senior majoring in Supply Chain Management
- Manage the collection of SUA event attendee data through channels such as paper and digital surveys and Rock Chalk Central
- Work with Director of Marketing and Engagement to solicit feedback and opinions from current student body to inform future event decisions.
- Provide a weekly update on data trends to the full membership
- Prepare quarterly reports on data in relation to student organizational goals and needs