SUA has been KU’s student-run programming board for over 85 years. Members plan around 180 events a year from idea to execution including marketing, event design, budgeting, volunteer management and more.
Members are required to:
- Maintain at least 2 office hours per week during business hours. (Which is when we plan and execute events. Office hours usually mean making marketing materials, gathering event supplies, or making event decor.)
- Maintain a 2.0 semester GPA and be enrolled as a KU student. At least one credit hour of enrollment is required to maintain membership on SUA.
- Attend respective committee events and meetings. (About 1-3 hours a week commitment.)
- Provide input for major programming decisions and vote on proposals at SUA meetings. (Every event idea goes to the general membership for voting!)
- And of course, work events! (We plan this schedule weekly and you can sign up to work whatever events work best in your schedule.)
All you have to do is fill out the Student Union Activities interest form below to join! Our Vice President of Development will contact you within two weeks to set up a time to meet. We’re in the business of making memories and we look forward to meeting you!