This year SUA has partnered with KJHK 90.7 FM to make Live Music a collaborative committee. The main objective of the Live Music committee is to provide a diverse selection of musical and comedic entertainment, ranging from local and regional talent to nationally recognized acts.
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 – Tunes at Night, featuring Dylan Guthrie (of Pink Royal) and Lucas Parker
As part of its Tunes @ Night series featuring local musicians in a small concert setting, the SUA-KJHK Live Music Committee will host Dylan Guthrie (of Pink Royal) and Lucas Parker (of The Lucas Parker Band) at 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 in The Studio at Hashinger Hall.
- Saturday, April 19 and Saturday, April 26, 2014 – KJHK’s 20th annual Farmers’ Ball, presented by KJHK 90.7 FM and Student Union Activities
Now in its 20th year, KJHK’s Farmers’ Ball is a chance for bands from the Lawrence area to revel in the glory of bragging rights, new fans and cash prizes. A staple in the Lawrence music scene for two decades, this annual battle of the bands is a mega showcase of local music talent.
Bands will submit their music online by March 2 for a chance to become one of eight semi-finalists (performing April 19 at the Bottleneck), and then one of four finalists (performing April 26 at the Bottleneck) competing for some serious prizes – $2,000 for the first-place Farmers’ Ball winner, $1,000 for the second-place winner, and awesome KJHK prizes for the runners-up. Learn more at kjhk.org/farmersball.
Past Events, 2013-14:
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013 – Hawk Week: Night on the Hill concert, featuring The Hood Internet
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013 - Tunes at Night, featuring Your Friend and OILS
- Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013 - SUA and KJHK present Haim in Concert!
- Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013 - SUA and KJHK present A Night with Chance the Rapper
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2013 - Tunes at Night, featuring Real Sugar
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014 – Tunes at Night, featuring CS Luxem and Dean Monkey & the Dropouts
Past Events, 2012-13:
- Friday, May 10, 2013 – KJHK and SUA’s Stop Day Show: Bad Rabbits