For the Love of Cookies
Mmm… My great, sweet love that will always be there for me and won’t ever fail me… Cookies. It’s Valentine’s season and love is in the air… and in the cookies. This Thursday, February 9, is SUA’s cookie-decorating event, For The Love of Cookies, in the Traditions Area of the Union. Whether your artistic skills are like Picasso’s or a 2-year-old’s, come have fun and take a break to decorate some cookies! Get sugared up for the weekend and sweeten yourself up for Valentine’s Day. There’s nothing better than expressing your art in a culinary way.
Here is your step-by-step guide to create an amazing cookie:
- Pick your cookie shape: what is speaking to you the most?
2. Fill in the base color: make sure to get an even coat so that there are no lumps or bumps in your final design.
3. Color-coordinate: are you feeling yellow today? Maybe red? Whatever you choose, make it expressive!
4. Begin drawing your design right on the cookie: you’ll need steady hands for this. If it helps, you can draw your design on paper before so that you know what you’re doing.
5. Indulge: the best part. Eat your cookie at the event or save it for a friend to enjoy later.