Recipe Blog: Creamy Pesto Pasta
Submitted by Emma Tolle
- 1 cup of basil pesto (recipe here)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound favorite pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add pesto and mix into the oil. Be sure to stir often as the pesto warms.
- When the pesto is warmed and just a little bubbly, slowly stream in the heavy cream as you stir. (You can always add more cream it you’d like.)
- Add some pasta water to thin out the sauce, if needed.
- Turn down the heat and continue to stir to incorporate the cream and pesto.
- Salt and pepper to taste.